Minor Surgery and Joint Injection
Amongst our growing portfolio of courses, we have often been asked to provide courses on minor surgery, skin cancer and joint injections. Many GPs do not feel confident in starting these procedures themselves, or they may require an update mandated by NHS England or their CCG.
To meet this need we have partnered with Medical Skills Courses, who have been delivering ‘The Minor Surgery Course ™’ and their Joint Injection Course for nearly a decade. They have taught and received positive feedback from thousands of GPs in this time. We completely share their passion for equipping primary care with the best skills, knowledge and techniques, and enabling practices to offer a gold standard surgical service to their patients.
The focus is not around sit down lectures, but more styled on smaller groups of delegates having interactive discussions with the team, with the time to cover the full range of procedures within the core GP contract, and the Minor Surgery DES.
The Minor Surgery Course syllabus includes:
- Pre-operative requirements – premises, equipment, contract, consent, CQC etc
- Assessment – making a correct diagnosis and tools to help this
- Preparation – several techniques to lower the chance of complications
- Surgical Techniques – Naevi, Cysts, Abscesses, Lipoma, LA, Joint and Soft Tissue Injections
- Wound Closure Techniques – 6+ closure techniques
- Post-operative – Tips to reduce your workload, reduce problems and have happy patients
Joint Injection Course syllabus includes:
- The diagnosis of a range of soft tissue Injuries
- The Treatment of Soft Tissue Injuries and the principles of corticosteroid injection therapy
- Corticosteroid injection practice: Knee, Shoulder, Elbow, Hand, Wrist
‘The pitch level of the educational content was perfect…. I would suggest that this should be required for any GP planning to offer this service. The course handbook is exceptional.’Book a Joint Injection Course Book a Minor Surgery Course